Due to COVID 19 we have safety procedures/policies in place that we will maintain for vulnerable patients even without public health mandates
We have clinical practice guidelines to take the necessary precautions to keep everyone safe in our new normal.
Be advised that we still accept and return voicemails but as our mailbox easily fills we can respond faster to emails: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CONTACTLESS Payment - We offer contactless payment for those that prefer to use EMT email@example.com. If you are coming for an Eye Exam and would like to use this service please add our email to your contacts list in your online banking before arrival.
• Paperless Service - We are now digital and are using email intake forms prior to exams. Please complete your intake form before your appointment.
• We are limiting the amount of people in our space at once - we have a video/intercom doorbell outside our clinic door that you can use to contact us inside and alert us to your needs. Outside of patient appointments, we will do everything we can curbside so there may be no need to enter the clinic.
• All Appointments are limited to ONE person only.
Exceptions: An appointment for a child or adult who requires care or special assistance is limited to Two people only.
The Child and One Parent OR the Adult and one Caretaker.
• Cancellation Policy – Our wait list can get very long and we will require a minimum of 24 hours notice for any appointment cancellations. If a patient is a no show to a booked appointment we will require a non-refundable deposit fee to secure your next appointment at the time of re-booking. This fee will be credited in full towards your appointment or if you no-show again it is non-refundable.
• We can direct ship Contact Lens Orders – All Contact Lenses can be ordered by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All orders can be shipped directly to your home and most are at no charge for shipping. We also offer curbside pick up for any contact lens orders.
• Clinic safety protocol - All patients are screened to ensure we schedule vulnerable patients in slots where they have the least amount of risk. We will be continuing Public Health Protocols to maintain clinic cleanliness and patient safety.